Friday, April 23, 2010

The Daily Rant

This is one of those things that annoys me enough to post about.

So help me god, if I see one more person scoop up their little yappy dog and cling to it for dear life when I walk by with Gunner, I'm going to scream. I'm sick to death of having to say "He's friendly." or "Don't worry about him - he won't bother you." It's ridiculous. There are so many other big dogs here who are completely untrained and out-of-control; barking and growling at other dogs, pulling their owners all over the damned place. But these are Labs, Boxers, Puggles, etc., so no one thinks anything of it. They see a well-trained, well-mannerd German Shepherd coming their way and they act as if they're in fear for their very lives. Idiots.

It's all I can do not to say something along the lines of, "Yes, good idea. Scoop up that little squeaky toy because my dog would love nothing more than to eat it." If I didn't think they'd run right up to the management office and report that I have a vicious dog, I would.

It's bad enough when the owners of these other big, untrained dogs avoid us. But when these women practically go into a panic, scoop up their Toy Whatever-It's-Supposed-To-Be (all wearing little outfits, by the way) and I hear them cooing things like "Mommy's little baby..." I want to vomit. Then I feel bad for the little dog because it has to live with such a moron and probably doesn't have much of a life.

I suppose that's one of the trade-offs of living in a complex like this, in the center of Yuppieville.
~End Rant~

No comments:

Post a Comment